Scroll to top
PASTEL AZTECAFIDEO SECO
- 3 cups of La Vaquita® Queso Oaxaca, shredded
- 8 tablespoons of La Vaquita® Crema Mexicana
- 4 bobbins/bolillos or baguettes, cut in halves
- ½ cup refried beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices of ham or turkey (or your favorite cold cut)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 onion slices (optional)
- Pickled jalapeños to taste (optional)
- Lettuce to taste
- Spread half a bread roll with refried beans.
- Place a slice of ham (or preferred cold cut), lettuce and a couple of tomato slices over the beans.
- Add two tablespoons of La Vaquita® Crema Mexicana and set aside.
- Spread avocado on the other half of the roll.
- Cover with La Vaquita® Queso Oaxaca. For a melted consistency, place the roll cheese-side down over a hot pan for a few seconds.
- Add jalapeños and onion to taste.
- Join the two halves to make a torta and cut across into portions.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the rolls, and you’re all set for a fiesta rich in flavor and tradition!