Scroll to top
QUINOA & BLACK BEAN COBB SALADGRILLED MEXICAN STREET CORN (ELOTES)
ROASTED TWO-PEPPER QUESADILLAS
By Chef David Cordua
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups grated quesadilla cheese
- 1/2 cup of La Vaquita® Queso Fresco
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet, toss poblano and red bell pepper in 1 tablespoon of corn oil.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes until blistered. Remove from heat and place in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 5 minutes to steam.
- Under running water in the sink, remove skin from peppers and then cut into strips the same size as onion.
- Combine quesadilla cheese, La Vaquita® Queso Fresco, peppers and onion in a bowl.
- In a nonstick pan, heat a tablespoon of corn oil over medium high heat.
- Place one tortilla on pan and then top with 4 tablespoons of cheese and pepper mix.
- Top with second tortilla. When cheese begins to melt and bottom tortilla begins to brown, flip the quesadilla.
- Repeat for remaining 2 quesadillas. Garnish with more La Vaquita® Queso Fresco before serving.