Scroll to top
- 3 cups of La Vaquita® Queso Oaxaca
- 1½ cups of La Vaquita® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1½ cups of La Vaquita® Crema Mexicana
- ½ kilo corn flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lard
- ¼ cabbage, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Red or green salsa, to taste
- Mix lard, salt and corn flour in a bowl, and add water little by little until you get a smooth dough that is easy to knead.
- Take a bit of the dough and roll it into a small ball.
- Flatten it thinly with a tortilla press.
- Fill with La Vaquita® Queso Oaxaca, fold in half and pinch edges of the dough to seal filling inside.
- Fry empanadas in boiling oil until both sides have browned.
- When ready to serve, cover empanadas with cabbage and add a spoonful of La Vaquita® Crema Mexicana.
- For the finishing touch of freshness and tradition, sprinkle them with La Vaquita® Queso Fresco and spicy salsa to taste. Dig in!